You may not have heard of irth Solutions before, but it’s likely that your home and safety has been protected with its industry-leading services. Every oil & gas company and utility has distributed facilities and workers. Our product enables them to secure their infrastructure, protect their field workforce and the consumers around them while ensuring they maintain their regulatory compliance. Today, irth protects millions of consumers and workers and billions of dollars in infrastructure for global leaders like BP, Chevron, Shell Oil, ExxonMobil, PG&E and more.
irth UtiliSphere enables these firms to power their critical business processes. Using our platforms, they can integrate all their mobile field workflows in a single place. With over 20 years of experience, we’ve built an enthusiastic and loyal customer-base and a unique platform for mission-critical operations. We’re expanding our team to help delight these customers and deliver the next generations of our unique and valuable solution.
Why irth needs you
We’re growing fast and scaling our uniquely valuable solutions to industry leaders in the Oil & Gas market. We’re looking for a seasoned Sales Engineer whose primary responsibility is to provide pre-sales technical assistance necessary to achieve the team sales quota. You will play an integral part on the sale team as the technical expert who, along with the Account Executive and Customer Success Managers, will work with the customers to understand their priorities and help the sales team with providing the best solution to meet the customer's needs. We will have a large number of high profile existing customers in oil & gas vertical who are using irth's products and services, you will expected to work with your sales team not just to ensure customers are maximizing their ROI on irth software but also assist them in understanding the value of additional products and services offered by irth. Reporting directly to the VP Sales you will be a part of a team that includes an Account Executive and a Customer Success Manager focused on servicing customers in Energy sector.
Why you need irth
We’ve got a top-flight delivery team that knows how to rapidly innovate and delight customers. You love helping customers meet their technical goals and increasing stickiness with your enterprise accounts, helping your Account Executive in going deep and wide within install base customers, and drive value-based conversations and winning opportunities.
irth is committed to developing its team and helping you hone your already-sharp technical and sales engineering skills. We provide a great proving ground for you to grow as a strategic sales engineer, be rewarded for your contribution and take your career to the next level.
Who you are
In order to be a successful sales engineer at irth, you have the ability to identify current and future customer service requirements by establishing personal rapport with potential and actual customers and other persons in a position to understand service requirements. You are a GREAT listener and an AMAZING problem solver with an ability to build rapport with customers. You have the natural ability to articulate the value of technology and how it directly addresses customers current and future business needs. You are able to gain customer acceptance by being a true trusted advisory with an in dept knowledge of not just the customers technology but also industry trends including common pains and best practices. You provide product, service, or equipment technical and engineering information by answering questions and requests. You are able to articulate the value of irth Solutions and how it directly addresses customers current and future needs. You have a strong background of working in a technical capacity on an enterprise sales team, you have the business acumen to engage customers in a consultative way in order to understand their priorities and objectives. You are an expert at working in partnership with your internal teams and helping your sales team sell the solution's value to their customers. You have the ability to create high level estimates and SOWs customized to match the customers' needs.
- 5+ years relevant experience in technology pre-sales
- Able to respond to functional and technical elements of RFIs/RFPs
- Highly motivated and possess excellent organizational skills, work ethic, energy, initiative and a team attitude
- Build and present custom demos and presentations and clearly communicate complex technical and business concepts visually and orally to small and large groups of people
- Identify all technical issues of assigned accounts to assure complete customer satisfaction through all stages of the sales process
- Establish and maintain strong relationships throughout the sales cycle
- Work with the sales team to support sales and marketing events
- Viewed as a trusted business advisor to the customer and uses in-depth knowledge of irth’s technology, products and services to help customers formulate strategy and direction.
- Utilizes strategic probing to identify, evaluate, and recommend alternative business solutions.
- Attain quarterly and annual objectives assigned by management
- Act as go-to Subject Matter Expert for Sales team on what is technically possible
- Proficient in Salesforce
- Up to 35% travel may be required
- Experience with selling to Energy and Utility Companies
- SaaS Sales Engineer experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent or higher
- Highly competitive total compensation package
- Uncapped commission plan with accelerators over 100% quota achievement
- Generous medical, dental, & vision insurance coverage
- 401k + company match
- Unlimited PTO policy
- 8 company paid holidays