Account Executive for Utilities
irth Solutions is a profitable, growing software and services company in Columbus, Ohio that delivers cloud-based solutions for the energy and utility industries. Under general direction, the Account Executive serves as the primary business contact for the customer and is responsible for up-selling modules and expansion of new areas within the company. The Account Executive is expected to stay in consistent communication with assigned customers, as well as represent customer needs and goals within the irth Solutions organization to ensure quality service. The Account Executive will build relationships with customers to encourage new and repeat business opportunities. The Account Executive will develop and implement agreed-upon strategic plan to meet both personal and assigned business objectives for expanding within the customer base. The Account Executive works with the sales and support teams for the achievement of customer satisfaction, revenue generation and long-term growth goals in alignment with the company vision and value.
Essential duties and responsibilities
The essential duties and responsibilities of this job include the following. These are the duties that define this job and are required to be performed by the candidate. Other essential duties may be assigned.
- Responsible for the sale of irth Solutions products within targeted existing accounts.
- Retain customers through the development of strong relationships with key decision makers and users within an organization.
- Demonstrate “Value” selling skills in the various areas within the irth Solutions target market to help the customer understand the impact irth Solutions products and services can have within their company.
- Develop a complete understanding of irth Solutions’ business development philosophy and methods, pricing models, and proposal models.
- Demonstrate the ability to effectively conduct a business conversation with key executives and decision makers (C-Level).
- Sell “value” and make recommendations to customer of the various solutions the company offers to their business issues.
- Maintain a database of customers and their contact information using Salesforce CRM.
- Thoroughly understand competitive landscape and competitive positioning within the market.
- Responsible for sourcing and developing customer relationships and referrals.
- Demonstrate the ability to gather and submit detailed business information for underwriting, pricing, and presentation of solutions to identified customers' business problems.
- Maintain accurate records of all sales and prospecting activities including calls, presentations, closed sales, and follow-up activities, within the company’s CRM system.
- Maintains up-to-date sales forecasting information within the company’s CRM system.
- Adhere to all company policies, procedures and business ethics codes.
Attend seminars and training sessions as requested or required by the company for continuing education or compliance to federal, state and local regulations.
- 5 years of proven Sales Account Executive experience
- Proven sales track record
- Successfully sold Software as a Service (“SaaS”) business concepts and value propositions (Solution Selling).
- Proven ability to collaborate and build strong relationships with customers, particularly at the Executive level.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to chair meetings or host webinars.
- Excellent organization, time management, and communication skills.
- SaaS and utility industry experience
- Ability to travel.
- Comfortable working in a high-growth environment with significant customer growth, amid a diverse customer base with unique needs. Have the ability to prioritize, multi-task, and perform effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
- Highly competitive salary
- Generous medical, dental, & vision insurance coverage
- 401k + company match
- Unlimited PTO policy
- 8 company paid holidays
- Fun, positive and enthusiastic environment
- Snacks and refreshments provided